We know Ukraine. We love Ukraine.
And we want You to know and love it, too
Type: Sacred buildings
Built on the site of the old bishop's palace in the years 1864-1882 now here is the central body of Chernivtsi National University named after Yuriy Fedkovych. Metropolitan residence appeared thanks to the efforts of Bishop Eugene Gakmana. In 1863 he won the Austrian emperor's permission for the construction of a new spacious residence worthy of the capital of Bukovina. The following year, Bishop Gakman already laid the cornerstone in the foundation of future residence.
The project is an architectural ensemble performed by the famous Czech scientist, architect, academician Josef Hlavka. He designed a complex of buildings in the unconventional spirit of eclecticism with a predominance of elements of Byzantine and Romanesque styles. This project has repeatedly won prizes in competitions known architects, and was particularly marked at the World Exhibition in Paris. The composition of the ensemble rather, complex, but there is clarity of planning. It consists of three monumental buildings-buildings: the main, theological seminary with the Three Saints Church, presbytery.
In the main building (now the central V hull, which houses the rector and faculty of foreign languages) was in fact the court of Metropolitan spacious apartment, where he worked and rested, and luxurious rooms, which are arranged in an audience for the guests and where the diocesan meeting. In a corner of the left wing of the house church buildings are located Bishop - the Chapel of St. John Suchavskogo, which actually began construction of all residences.
02.06 Painting lessons
09.06 Painting lessons
23.06 Cheese-land journey
28.06-04.07 Best of Ukraine: Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa
05-11.07 Best of Ukraine: Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa
11-13.07 DNIPRO INTERNATIONAL SWIM MARATHON
10.08 Cheese-land journey