We know Ukraine. We love Ukraine.
And we want You to know and love it, too
Type: Fortresses and palaces
Hawtin, undoubtedly, one of the most attractive places for tourists in the Chernivtsi region. Rock, lock, bank of the Dniester ... Khotina History - a history of wars, rebellions, victories and defeats of history, the history of confrontation between the great empires.
At first it was a small, built on the eastern Slavs site of an ancient settlement, a wooden fort, which protected them from many of the conquerors. Next to her, and simultaneously with it there was unfortified village. In its territory, archaeologists found the remains of poluzemlyanochnogo housing furnaces, heaters, dating back to IX-X centuries. And at a depth of 1.2-1.4 m was found cultural layers VII-VIII centuries. Particularly large settlement Hawtin was in XI-XIII centuries. When he was a member of Kievan Rus. Then he held the territory of more than 20 hectares. Historians have substantiated the thesis that the castle and the town Hawtin originate from the very beginning of XI century. In the late 11th century belonged Hawtin Terebovlyanskomu principality. In 1140-ies he moved to Galicia, and from 1199 - the Galicia-Volyn principality.
It was from the Galicia-Volyn principality with the name of Daniel Galicia usually associated construction of stone fortifications Khotina. In the 60s of the 13th century by order of Daniel Galicia on a dais erected the first stone fortress, it was in the northern part of the current. The remains of her 7-foot wall found inside the later wall, built in the 15th century. The stones were fastened there with a solution specific to the construction of Kievan Rus - pink "tsemyankoy", a mixture of cement and broken red bricks. The stone castle chapel was built even earlier - in 1230. Archaeological excavations (B. Tymoschuk ,1961-67's.) Identify the stone walls of the castle of the XIII century., Remains white-stone church, traces of residential development. The castle occupied the northern part of the castle hill, about a third of the length of a modern fortress. In the south of the castle was fortified trading quarter, surrounded by ramparts and wooden walls.
4.07.2012 Абрахам, Украина
29.02-01.03 Chornobyl and Prypyat: to know more
01.03 Painting lessons
07-08.03 Chornobyl and Prypyat: to know more
01-02.05 Ascania-Nova ecotour
01-04.05 Sacura in blossom