We know Ukraine. We love Ukraine.
And we want You to know and love it, too
Region: Kyiv City
Number of days: 1
Cost: 1200 UAH
Kyiv is one of the oldest Slavic cities which was founded more than 1500 years. It is a city of chestnuts and green parks, city of pilgrimage for many believers. The city fascinates its visitors with combination of thousand years of history and the way it presented nowadays. Today Kyiv is a modern european city with legendary past and great culture heritage.
You will see the mighty city which lives the life of metropolis and keeps the ancient monumements and architecture:
- Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv (Famous red building);
- St. Volodymyr’s Cathedral with frescoes by Vrubel and Vasnetsov;
- The National Opera of Ukraine Taras Shevchenko and Lysenko monument;
- The Golden Gates of Kyiv - main gates of ancient Kyiv, were built at the same time as St. Sophia Cathedral in 1017 or 1037 during the reign of Yaroslav Mudryy;
- St. Sophia Cathedral – the main church of Kyiv Rus. Anywhere in Europe you will not find as many frescoes and mosaics of XI century kept in the same church but in St. Sophia. The cathedral is surrounded by monastery buildings from XVII century styled with ukrainian baroque and St. Sophia square. Another main figure on the square is Bogdan Khmelnytskyy monument;
- Michael’s square and St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery, white marble monument to Princess Olga, Apostle Andrew, Cyril and Methodius, the building of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Kyiv funicular;
- Famous Andriyivsky Descent, St. Andrew's Chruch and monument to St. Volodymyr with a cross;
- The monument to the founders of Kyiv - Kyi, Shchek and Khoryv and their sister Lybid and monument to “Mother of Motherland;
- You will pass by Kyiv Pechersk Lavra – the main holy not only of Kyiv, but the whole orthodox world, and Memorial with Tomb to Unknown Soldier;
- Administrative centre of Kyiv and Ukraine - the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and the Verkhovna Rada building, the residence of president of Ukraine – Mariyinski Palace;
- and finally, the heart of Kyiv, - Khreshchatyk, Maydan Nezalezhnosti (Independence Square) and European Square, passing by through them you will also see statuary of founders of Kyiv, archangel Michael – the protector of Kyiv, building of main post office and the house of Trade Unions;
Lastly, the tour ends on Khreshchatyk or we will bring you to your hotel.
It is also possible to visit NSC Olympiskiy.
In English, German and other languages:
Price for individual groups 1-3 persons - 80 EUR
Price for 1 person in group 4-6 pax - 30 EUR
Ukrainian/Russian language excursion -20% from prices
The tour is available in Russian, English, German and other languages.