Attention! In order to go to this tour, you have to apply for 10 days in advance - this time is needed to process the necessary documentation.
Chernobyl and Prypyat’ are not objects for all tourists. If you visit these places, you will never be the same again. Some time ago on the world’s map appeared Chernobyl and then Sarcophagus – the monument of the human carelessness. It is a story of the largest technological disaster, the spirit of dead city will give you a feeling of a joy life and apocalypse. The exclusion zone atmosphere gives you a clear understanding of price of the human failure.
07:00 Departure by comfortable bus (DVD, conditioner) from the Central Railway Station
On the way to Chernobyl unique archive images and movies about modern Chernobyl and Prypyat’ are demonstrated. Mysterious silence of the abandoned villages and picturesque landscapes impress a lot. But, nevertheless, some of the former habitants came back to native homes and now they live at the exclusion zone.
Dytyatky checkpoint, an official entrance to the Exclusion zone.
You will also see:
- a field camp of the 25th brigade of the radiation chemical and bacteriological protection;
- the village of Zalissya with abandoned houses and barns, a shop and the only self-settler Rozaliya Ivanivna;
- a bypass road to the NPP around the town of Chernobyl, built a month after the accident to facilitate the traffic of military vehicles;
- an almost fully buried village of Kopachi with a remaining kindergarten;
- a concrete-reloading unit, essential for the Sarcophagus erection in 1986;
- a decontaminated Red Forest at place of the first and worst radioactive fall-out;
History of the pre-catastrophe Prypyat’, time for walking around the city:
the hospital receiving the firefighters and NPP workers, badly affected by the accident; a river port and the most prestigious Pripyat café at the embankment; a town hall – the first headquarters for mitigation of the accident consequences; Polissya hotel, a correction point for helicopters dropping lead bags over the 4th reactor ruins; Energetic Palace of culture, the main recreational site for the Prypyat youth; Ferris wheel in the amusement park which was never open; a fire station, the crew were the second to extinguish fire at the NPP at night of the disaster on April 26, 1986.
The city is waiting for people from all over the world who desire to see unique views from the roof, graffiti on the walls; who are the "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.” game fans, and others. The city is waiting... And just here, at the narrow grown-over streets of such a young and such an old city you can understand the worth of ordinary things you have not appreciated before.
Arrival to Chernobyl. Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant (CNPP) viewing point and viewing pavilion visiting.
- the Sarcophagus and the New Safe Confinement ("Arch") – an observation point at a 300 m distance;
- a fire station at the NPP, the crew arrived the first to extinguish fire at the NPP after explosion,
- memorial "Life for Life” in front of the administrative building, there used to be an enormous parking lot in 1986: thousands of people arrived there daily for NPP decontamination, the Sarcophagus construction, etc.;
- a NPP cooling pond (feeding giant catfish – depending on the season);
- cooling towers of the Chernobyl NPP 3rd generation;
- the secret soviet object Chornobyl-2 (radar "DUGA-1"). Giant radar antenna "DUGA-1", secret town of Chernobyl-2 which provided the efficiency of antennas and horizon tracking of the launching of ballistic missiles.
- the town of Chornobyl: the world’s best memorial "To Those who Saved the World’; an open-air exhibition of transport vehicles and robots used in 1986-clean up activities
The ecologically-clean lunch (14:30) or dinner (18:00) in Chernobyl state canteen ($5 extra).
20.00-21.00 Arriving to Kyiv, Central Railway Station, Southern terminal.
Important information: External background gamma radiation doesn’t constitute a danger (except of the territory where visitors are not allowed). On 10 km high the power of the gamma radiation exposure dose composes from 200 to 600 micro-roentgens per hour, so radiation dose for one day can be compared to transatlantic flight.
Price (includes insurance):
- For citizens of Ukraine - from 39$ on weekends and from 69$ Mo-Fr
- For foreigners with english-speaking guide - from 99$
More photos are HERE
Tour is available for individual tourists and groups for any day and 2,3,4 - days trips.